Friends, family, colleagues, co-workers, and former students have contributed more than $20,000 to help ensure that “Guy’s Marsh” would become a reality.
- an 80-acre area of State-owned land was selected for the project
- Ducks Unlimited developed plans for a 55-acre wetland restoration
- all major construction (dikes, excavation, grading, water control structures) and seeding of upland areas was completed in 2014
- students and faculty from SUNY-ESF’s Department of Landscape Architecture provided concept plans and drawings for visitor use facilities
- a variety of marsh-nesting birds and shorebirds have found it!
- volunteers will begin building visitor use facilities in summer 2014