Support habitat restoration, wildlife conservation, and enhancement projects of the Montezuma Wetlands Complex (MWC).
- Support cooperation between private property owners and the MWC
- Assist with land acquisition programs of the MWC
- Work with the MWC to identify and address challenges (i.e. tax relief for local communities, funding, relating of information)
- Support Agency wildlife management and habitat restoration decisions
- Participate in wildlife management and habitat restoration activities
Serve as advocates for the MWC.
- Regularly communicate concerns and needs of MWC to government officials, conservation organizations, and community members
- Provide updates of MWC projects and methods to assist in these projects to members and interested parties
- Communicate ways the MWC can help local communities
Promote public awareness of the MWC.
- Develop MWC marketing tools
- Promote MWC through the news media and community events and organizations
Engage in educational and research activities
- Create and staff displays
- Present programs to community groups, colleges, schools, and local, county, state and federal agencies
- Organize and conduct guided tours of the MWC area
- Develop MWC educational resources
- Write articles about the MWC for newspapers and magazines
- Write quarterly newsletters
- Support research activities